Looking for innovative ways to repurpose spare pieces of furniture? Shannon Shannon Quimby Design has come up with a brilliant idea for repurposing a spare bifold into a corner shelf. Watch the full video to discover how you can get started on your own unique project.
If you’re up for positively impacting the community and giving back to the world, we encourage you to explore McMinnville Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It’s a wonderful opportunity to support a great cause and contribute to building a better future for those in need.
Bifold Door Corner Shelf Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Bifold door
- 4 square pieces of wood that fit inside 1 inch from the outer edge of your bifold door when opened at a 90degree angle
- 150 grit sandpaper
- L square
- Phillips drill bit
- 1 ½” screws
- 1. Lay the bifold door on a flat surface (sawhorses work great) so one side can fold up to a 90degree angle
- Mark and measure where you want to have your shelves (boards) located
- Use a level and an L square to make sure when boards are installed; they will be level
- One at a time, place each board on top of the flat section of the bifold door fold and then fold the other section to a 90degree angle so the board becomes flush inside both sides of the door
- Secure each board to the bi-fold door by screwing screws from the backside of both sections of the bifold door into the
- Sand any edges, wipe away dust
- Paint the entire surface and let it dry. Two coats might be needed